Monday, May 2, 2016

Photo Challenge 9 Architecture

DETAILS This photo was taken in the mac and I took an up close worms eye view photo of the theatre sign to just make it say eat and add humor to the photo. I think its a good detail photo because its up close on something you might not notice if you were just looking at the photo and its monochromatic and simple. 


PATTERN I think this is a good pattern photo because it features three patterns all joined together in a triangle shape because of the angle which I think adds depth. I also think the white beams add interest to the photo. Lastly I think the light on this photo makes the bottom two patterns flat and and top one look like a gradient.

LIGHT The light of this photo adds depth and creates a dark tunnel leading line to the bright doorway. I think the light adds lots of lights and darks that create shapes throughout the photo and make a plain building look more interesting. I also think the two recycle bins that are in real life the same size but in this photo contrasting sizes and at opposite ends creates a nice diagonal line.


ANGLE  AND SHAPE I think this photo is good for angle and shape because the worms eye view creates an interesting point of view on a boring doorway. The angle also creates diagonal lines and shapes with the blue poles that split up the photo and create interest to the otherwise boring wall background.

SURROUNDINGS I think this is a good surroundings photo because you get the building as kind of an aftermath and you can see the surroundings as the foreground first thought. The steps build up the building which is then framed by the symmetrical huge trees and two benches. Then the blue doors add specks of color in a dull colored photo.


1 comment:

  1. Well done. The first four images are really strong. The surroundings one is OK but the landscaping is kind of a part of the campus, and I think surroundings should go beyond the campus somehow. 98

    ReplyDelete