Monday, May 2, 2016

Photojournalism Portfolio Review

I think this portfolio flows well, because its photojournalism, each photo tells its own story, though I think their all related with the theme of events or issues. Capturing real life events or real life stories, nothing posed or fake its all real. I think each image contributes to the overall story well because it starts off at a dance show, then McCallum events, an abortion rally and then my mom lol. I think all the images bring forth different sides of photojournalism. I think the captions definitely add to the story considering this is photojournalism the images are suppose to tell stories, but in the end there's only so much you can get from the image. For example with my photos they may just look like a woman sitting with balloons, or laying down, you need the caption for the back story that's not in the image. In the abortion photos you can see what the people directly stand for, but there is  more to their opinions than whats displayed on the sign so the captions are necessary. After viewing this portfolio the thing that sticks with me is really the amount of interesting stories that are local and how powerful and interesting they are. I currently cant think of anything I would've done differently I think this portfolio is really strong. I really like every photo in it and think they're all strong images but it maybe could've used a little more variation in stories.

1 comment:

  1. Good job. Especially the part about the captions. You did a good job of considering the overall. You might have discussed a couple of the images more critically. 98

    ReplyDelete