Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sports Portfolio Review

I really like the sports portfolio because I feel like the photos really work well together to tell the whole story or evolution of a sports game or event. First you get pregame, then mostly action shots and then finally a celebratory shot from the end of a winning game. I think the amount of action shots is appropriate because they're all different sports which although all the same type of photo still provides a lot of variety and different perspectives and photo compositions. I think the flow of the photos goes really well together again because they are telling the story of a sports event. I think the captions add to the story, like for the first picture you might not know its a team prayer by just looking at it it could be a time out or something. For the action shots, the captions give you details about the player, the game they had, the score of the game, or even their personal best for a sport like track. I personally wouldn't have done anything different if I was putting together this portfolio, I think the flow and story of a sports event is a really good way to organize this portfolio. Especially when you have just one strong opener and one strong closer. After viewing this portfolio the thing that sticks with me is win or loose sports are a fun time with lots of action and teamwork and bonding. Also the first image sticks with me, I think its very emotional and powerful and a strong way to start off the portfolio, starting with the best is a good way to start.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent review overall. I think you did an excellent job of analyzing the sequence. A closer look at some representative images might have also been nice. 99

    ReplyDelete