Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Magazine Planning

1. My magazine will be a summer time fun magazine focusing on fun summer activities, events, food, ways to make a boring summer vacation more fun. Its a general lifetime seasonal magazine targeted at cool moms with a twist that could also be appealing to kids.

2. I think my typical reader is females of around late twenties, thirties and even forties with the exception of children probably teens. I would target this magazine towards urban residents because I think most of the things featured in the magazine would be at urban locations and not really at the disposal of rural residents.

3. My magazine name is THE SUMFLOWER. I think its a good choice because its a pun get it summer and sunflower mixed. I think its bright and appealing to people. Its fun just like summer.

4. The personality of my magazine is fun loving and like if it was a person it would be an extrovert  who loves to go out and make the most of everyday by going on adventures. To create this personality I will focus on color composition and lines to bring out my picture and make it pop and look like something lots of people would like to experience or do in the summertime. I think the face for my magazine would be like a fun teen or a cool mom doing something fun. I think my photo will be a happy Gracie, next to the pool, with a plate of cupcakes.

5. I am not modeling this cover after any I have seen before. But if I did I think it would be like Lifetime or Entertainment magazine will all the stories on the front arranged around the photo, but my photo will not be a portrait close up it will have more depth and background to it but keeping the bright smiles and colors.

6. I think my cover best fits an Image based cover because like it says in the name my cover is based around the main photo.

7. My first cover story will be simple fun ways to enjoy summer without leaving the house like swimming, cooking, or baking. Visually I will show this by having a person look like they're really enjoying doing these things so they appeal to others with bright colors and expressions. To complete this I will probably take my photo and then increase the intensity of the colors to make them pop and maybe brighten it.

1 comment: