Monday, April 4, 2016

My top five 2015 Magazine covers

I think this cover is really good because it has a central theme, food, its a food magazine and it features delicious looking food to draw you in. It also has lots of textures and dark areas to make the yellow really pop. Putting the text right in the middle on the only completely visible yolk is a great way to easily show what your magazine is going to feature. Lastly I think the depth of field combined with the font creates a really interesting cover that would make me start to read. 


I think this magazine cover is really good because it features its primary subject as the focal point in a way that compliments her background. A secondary focal point is "Call me Caitlyn" which is exactly the subject of the feature. This cover has a color scheme and central theme. The image with the wardrobe and pose creates drama and interest two things a cover should have. The font also goes really well with the photo which I appreciate.




I like this cover because to be honest it's Amy Schumer and she is hilarious. I think the magazine does a really good job of embodying their subject, a hilarious cover for a hilarious celeb. The comedy draws you in and then you decide to read the outsides and see what it's actually about. They use a plain background to emphasize the photo. Lastly they used several colors of fonts to separate ideas and add pops of color to the neutral cover.

I love this cover I think the blue is so intense it would draw anyone in especially with a wild subject like this shark. Once its got you from its bright color scheme and interesting textures you realize what is actually happening in the photo and since there is a lack of text you almost have to get a copy to find out what this is all about. Blue and Yellow are complimentary colors so I think the gold text and her gold outfit compliment the background while connecting to each other at the same time. I also think the texture in the water creates a gradient. So overall this cover is great because of this incredible photo, the comedy/ mystery element and the font. :) It all creates a central idea.

This cover I think has a lot of elements of a good cover. The subject beautifully blends with the background through the depth of field and gradient sunset. The dots in the shorts depth of field compliment the stars in her silhouette. It creates impact with imagery and has a central idea. Lastly of course I like the font, im really picky about my fonts I think the placement of this text also works well for this cover it doesn't take away from the image. I think its just so visually stunning that like everyone would at least stop and look and be like wow thats really cool.

1 comment: