Monday, November 2, 2015

Publication 2-- Freshman Football vs Reagan 10/22



MOVING ON UP--Freshman quarterback Deron Gage, waits on the sidelines as the McCallum defense takes on the Reagan offense during their face-off on October 22. Gage scored both touchdowns during the game for a final score of 14-0. "I love the feeling of leading the team week in a weak out knowing that the outcome of the game could fall on my shoulders" said Gage.  Gage along with fellow freshman teammate Tino Depaz have now been moved up to varsity for the remainder of the Knights season.

FRESHMAN OF STEEL--Freshman defensive end Cruz Escobar (25) and linebacker Ryan Bonesteel (5) pushes a Raider offender to protect their winning score of 14-0 to shut out Reagan. "I felt like we could've done better but a win is a win and that's all I could've asked for" said Escobar. The Freshman Knights are currently ranked 3rd in their district.

AROUND TO THE TOP--Linebacker Ryan Bonesteel (5), defensive end Cruz Escobar (25) and defensive tackle Duce Rosales (52) block the Reagan offence from scoring resulting in a 14-0 shut out and a win for the Knights. "I like football a lot and I'm really glad I get to play for the knights this year, the team is really working hard and kicking some butt" said Rosales. The knights record is currently 4-5 with their last game of the season this Thursday vs Cedar Creek at Noack Field.


1 comment:

  1. I love the simplicity and shallow depth of field in image 1. And the caption is phenomenal. Love the whole package.
    Another great caption. I believe, however, that I've seen that headline somewhere before. :)
    Third image is also very strong as is the caption. I did note a misspelling but your editor would catch that!

    100

    ReplyDelete