Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Best of 2015

PHOTOS 
This is the first photo I picked it was taken Anastasia Vlasova who works for the European press photo agency and I got this photo from the New York Times. This photo is a boy playing cards in the palace of culture seen here being used as a bomb shelter. I really like this photo because it's a cute little boy doing such a simple thing in such an intense situation that you wouldn't know about without reading the caption. I think the clutter and dim light with the bring candle as one of the primary elements in this photo makes   
it really pleasing to look at. I like the year in the background it just adds to the story. I think its one of the best photos of 2015 not only because its a beautiful image but it tells the story of something that happened in 2015.


This is my second photo taken by Diego Main working for the associated press and I got this photo from the Boston globe. This is the Calbuco Volcano in Puerto Varas, Chile erupting for the first time in 42 years. I think the texture and colors of this photo are so vibrant it makes you want to know what's happening. The dark ish silhouette really contrasts the bright colors and it's very visually pleasing. Yellow and blue are complimentary colors and the sky and top of the smoke cloud compliment each other well. I think the photo is so pretty and the story is sort of tragic so they contrast and lighten the attitude of the story. I think this is one of the best images of 2015 because of its really interesting composition but because of the story behind the image and its occurrence. 

This is my third photo Abd Doumany for Getty images and this photo is also from the Boston globe. This is a injured Syrian boy waiting at a makeshift hospital after an air strike. I like the depth of field and bright red color of the blood. I also like how even though the picture is of a cute little boy it evokes a sad response from the viewer. I just think the story behind it is really tragic and you wouldn't necessarily know that from the photo. I just think it's really beautiful. I think this is one of the best images of 2015 not only because of the stunning image but it tells the story of a significant even that took place in 2015 and continuing on into 2016. 


SONG 

"Love Yourself" by Justin Beiber. I'm not sure everyone would agree with this but for me I think the best song of 2015 was this one. Over 2015 Beiber put out a new album in a new style much different from what he did when he was a Little 15 year old boy. I think it really changed a lot of peoples opinions on him and it definitely changed mine. This song is not what you'd expect it to be about but I really enjoy the catchy tune and lyrics of the song. I chose this song simply because I like it.




















MOVIE
Straight Outta Compton. Honestly I believe that another option for best movie of 2015 be being as I haven't seen it yet I can't pick it, Straight Outta Compton is my choice. This movie was for lack of a better word epic, and although I wasn't alive during the actual events displayed during this movie I felt like I was there the acting and storytelling of this movie was so incredible. It was an unforgettable experience to see it on the big screen. I chose this because looking back through 2015 of all the movies I saw none stand out in my mind more than this one.


Image result for straight outta compton movie


MOST IMPORTANT NEWS STORY
I think the most important news story of 2015 was when gay marriage was legalized in all 50 of the United States. I feel like a lot of the news stories this year were really negative or war related and although important obviously there repetition kinda makes them loose their significance individually to me and become a whole. I think this story was the most important because of all the happiness and love it spread throughout the country in a not so happy year. It ended an inequality that had been going on forever and gave everyone to be able to love who they wish.























MOST IMPORTANT PERSON OF 2015
 I chose to agree with time and choose Angela Merkel as the most important person of 2015. After watching the video on the time website which honestly I originally though would be really boring was actually super interesting and taught me about a person I didn't even know existed. She did a lot of really good things this year not only for her country but Europe and the world and she was incredibly brave while doing it. This section was hard cause I really couldn't think of anyone that stood out to me and I think this woman is a really good choice.

Image result for angela merkel


BIGGEST SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT PERSON
Straight to the point I don't watch sports so I didn't have any ideas for this one but I found this video of Cam Newton doing a pretty entertaining end zone dance that made the other team mad which I though was pretty entertaining and the best thing I came up with. I attached the video because I don't think a picture does this justice.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000580109/Cam-Newton-taunts-Titans-players-with-TD-dance


HOLIDAY

1. In my family we celebrate Christmas and this year instead of having people at our house we went to my uncles for dinner and such. For Christmas I a jacket that I had really been wanting along with other things I asked for. It was a really good year and the holiday season is my favorite because of break the cheer and the weather. Although I wont forget this year especially considering it was 80 degrees on Christmas Day.

2. My resolutions for 2016 are to be less stressed, keep up my grades and do more fun things so I can worry about school a lot less.

3. In 2016 im looking forward to my birthday, traveling hopefully and hanging outwith my friends more and also summer break.
















1 comment:

  1. You could not have done much better than this post. I love the depth of your captions throughout. 100.

    ReplyDelete